Monday 14 November 2016

Octopus' Garden

I looked at the calendar this morning
and there was nothing written on it for this week
which means playtime!

WOOHOO!!!

Do I sound happy?  You bet - after a busy couple of months it feels wonderful to slow down to smell the roses  play at my craft desk!

The first thing on my swap list was a Postcard with a song theme.


I'm sure you can figure out which song I've gone with here.

The background paper is from a variety store and given the colours, I thought it could pass for underwater.  I stamped the foliage in 'jet black' Archival Ink and painted them with Silks Acrylic Glaze.  These are quite opaque and have a shimmer to them which is quite pretty.

I stamped "Octopet" directly onto the background paper and again onto white cardstock. He was also painted with the glaze.  I then fussy cut him and glued him directly over the background image.


I wasn't sure whether I needed to make one or two postcards for this swap, so made two just to be safe.  The only difference with the second card was that "Octopet" was stamped onto a scrap of card that had already been coloured with inks previously.

Both backgrounds were adhered to a card backing and given a narrow blue border - again with the glaze.


I don't have a postcard stamp, so made my own version with what was on hand.

I'm quite happy with my finished postcards and hope the recipients are too
[whoever they may be?]

Stamps
Stampotique - "Octopet"
Darkroom Door - Mail Art
Stampendous - Whisper Friends
Dylusions - Clearly Borders

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!