Saturday 9 December 2017

There are always flowers

Although it's December, that doesn't mean that every card I make
 needs to be for the festive season.
Sometimes I make cards purely for the joy of creating something I like, 
no strings attached (so to speak).



I started with the background, sprinkling a combination of Orange and Yellow Ochre color burst over watercolour card.  A quick, light spritz with water and watch the magic happen!

Once the background was dry, I stamped the flowers directly onto it, and again onto extra white card. The extra flowers are watercoloured using Inktense Blocks to co-ordinate with the background.  The flower heads were fussy cut and glued directly over the stamped image.

A black mat was added before attaching to a folded white card.

Stamps
JOFY 14

Ken Oliver - Color Burst
Orange; Yellow Ochre
Challenges
http://craftstamper.blogspot.com.au/2017/12/take-it-make-it-challenge-december.html 


Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Your lovely background shows off that gorgeous floral stamp perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never worked with color bursts, but I am really liking what I am seeing you do with them! This is a lovely card, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely background ... great colours. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I love the background. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!