Saturday 3 March 2018

Something Fishy


And now for something completely different - FISH!
If you are wondering why this is completely different, 
I think these are the only fish stamps I own and when a challenge or swap 
involves fish, these two are the star attractions.



For the background, I started by smooshing white cardstock through Distress Oxide inks
in 'peeled paint' and 'broken china' which had been spritzed with water.
I'm quite intrigued by the unique patterns that this method creates.

I cut it down to an 8cm x 8cm square
and then decided I'd make concertina sides 
and an outside frame to match the background.




The fish are done in a similar way to the background, 
using 'worn lipstick' and 'fired brick', but this time using gloss cardstock.
Initially it looks a bit chalky but once I buffed it with a tissue, the colour really pops!
(I watched a youtube yesterday by Jennifer McGuire using this method.)

 Stamps
Designs by Ryn - Koi Fish Set

Challenge


 Happy Crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. Great design .... love the fish. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!