Sunday 20 May 2018

Love and Sympathy

Whenever I'm asked to make a card for a particular person or occasion,
one of the first things I ask is "does the person have a favourite colour" 
as I find it is a good place to start.
Today's card was started from the colour red and continued from there.



I wanted to use flowers, as the request was for a Sympathy card,
so I chose this lovely bouquet from Stampotique called "Flos".
I stamped it onto 'confetti white' cardstock (Stampin' Up! - discontinued) as I felt the speckles around the flowers went perfectly with a speckles which are randomly found in this cardstock.
I then coloured the image with Inktense blocks and a water pen.


A sentiment was stamped in the bottom right corner before a length of ribbon
 was wrapped around the card with a separate bow attached.

The card was matted with a piece of red foil type of paper
and then attached to a folded A4 card, the same as the main piece.
A card insert with a lovely sentiment was also attached to the inside.

This was quite a large card, however it was for a number of people to sign
before being given to the bereaved lady in question.

 Stamps
Stampotique - Flos
Stampin' Up! - Love and Sympathy
  
Thanks for looking today.
I'm taking a little break from crafting for a while, 
however I will return again later in the year.

In the meantime ..... Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Helen, thanks so much for your visit to my blog and for the kind words left there! I really like this beautiful sympathy card. I would never think of using red on such a card but find that I love it here!! Also, I usually use a narrower frame outside the matting (old habits are sometimes had to break) but find the larger "framing" here makes this card perfect. It makes a statement in its simple elegance. I am sure that the recipient will feel the love in the card, especially with all the signatures that will be added inside. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!